Job Title: Public Safety Officer I
Department: Department of Public Safety
Reports To: Public Safety Officer III
FLSA Status: $12.02 per hour (Non-Exempt)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Determine priority response, and relay complaint and emergency-request information to appropriate agencies.
- Register and regulate authorized vehicle(s) and pedestrian traffic at posted entry/exit areas.
- Provide directions and information.
- Monitor, investigate, and generate reports of suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity of assigned area.
- Direct traffic flow and reroute traffic in case of emergencies.
- Assist in crowd control and monitor all bus stop areas.
- Provide escorting requests by the Personnel Department.
- Promote good community relations by participating in awareness and prevention events.
- Other duties as assigned and/or deemed appropriate.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; plus a minimum of one to three years related experience in high volume public contact.
Certificates, License, Registrations:
- Valid CA Security Guard Card and maintain certifications throughout employment
- Valid CA Driver's License required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
What To Expect Next:
Once you complete and send your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Applicants who meet the qualifications will be notified to schedule an interview.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)