Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Information Technology Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Security Engineer's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organization functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Security Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to help identify communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The successful candidate will have in depth knowledge of Cisco Firewall
security, Router, Switches, Call Manager and Unity, experience
performing VoIP implementations, excellent documentation skills, and a
strong interest in driving new technology initiatives using Cisco and
non-Cisco and IP-based communications to improve business performance.
Plan rollout activities, procedures, and policies for repeatable
practices. Document existing VoIP infrastructure and maintain
accurate inventory of Cisco equipments. Document deployment
techniques for rollout and supporting current and future technologies.
- Insures adherence to traffic latency tolerances, responsible for overall Layer 2 & 3 network design that improve routing and bandwidth efficiency.
- Expert in information systems management and methodology.
- Must be available for 24x7 on call status including holidays.
- Manage and monitor perimeter and backend security using Anti-Virus, IDS, IPS and other proactive security monitor tools.
- Configure and maintain Cisco Call Manager, Unity and VoIP Telephony Infrastructure.
- Reviews and enforce network security policies that applied throughout infrastructure.
- Requires a high-degree of experience and certification levels across a broad array of technologies and vendors including Cisco, HP, VMware, Microsoft, Linux, and Open source tool managements.
This job has limited supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to end users needs; Solicits end users feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-6 years experience with network design, operational support, hands-on implementation and configuration of servers, workstations, routers, hubs, switched, and cabling in different LAN/WAN environments.
- Bachelors degree (B.A) from an accredited four year college or university preferred in computer science, information systems or equivalent in MIS/IT professional certifications with education and work experience, of four plus years relevant MIS/IT experience in related fields
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Advanced Knowledge of MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP RIP, FR/ATM, ACLs, TCP/IP, IPX,
SSL, VPN, IKE
- Must Possess a Valid California Drivers License
- CCNA must be current (Cisco Certified Network associated) required
- CCNP must be current (Cisco Certified Network Professional) required
- CCDP (Cisco Certified Design Professional) Desired
- MCSA must be current (Microsoft Certified System Administrator) required
- MCSE (Microsoft Certify System Engineer) Desired
- Comptia certification. Must have 1 certification (Server+, Network+, or Security+) required
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Network Design and implementation experience is required
- Router and Switch Cisco CL programming is required
- Network Protocols is required
- Expert knowledge in VLAN security
- Application Development Security knowledge is required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must pass Tachi Gaming Commission financial and criminal background check and maintain a valid Gaming license during employment.
- Must be insurable through company insurance carrier
- Must be on driving status
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco router, Switches and Firewall configuration is a required
- Telecommunication and network design security knowledge is highly required
- Physical environment security knowledge is highly required
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning knowledge is highly required
- Information security governance and risk management knowledge is highly required
- Access control system management knowledge is highly required
- Operation security and architecture design security knowledge is highly required
- Cryptography security is highly required
- Advanced knowledge of MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, FR/ATM, ACLs, TCP/IP, IPX is required
- Hands-on experience configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2000-2003 OU’s, GPO’s, SUS, DHCP, DNS, IPSec Policy, RADIUS, SSL, VPN and User Authentication Protocols
- Advance knowledge of Group VPN, SSI, AAA, RADIUS, Digital Cert., DHCP configuration
- Extensive experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting VLANs using CISCO equipment, to include intimate knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN Trunking Protocol, inter-VLAN routing. IPV6 and trunking with ISL and 802.1q
- Advance knowledge of Cisco VoIP-Desired
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills
- Participate in the implementation of complex Voice over IP (VOIP) and IP Telephony (IPT) projects
- Ability to design and/or implement VPN for WAN infrastructure with quality of service (QoS) for dedicated voice applications
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager 4, 5 or 6.0, Call Manager Express, Cisco Unity and Cisco Unity Express
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving issues related to Voice and related application performance on IP networks
- Must be able to clear Background check
- Must be able to be insurable for driving status
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work under normal IT operation hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday without any issue during your employment. Unexpected abnormal operation request you will be required to be on call 24/7 and work as needed by the Director of I.T.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work in local weather conditions, assignments will vary form interior and exterior work.
What To Expect Next:
Once you complete and send your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Applicants who meet the qualifications will be notified to schedule an interview.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)