Job Title: Seasonal Lifeguard (Part Time)
Reports To: Sports Coordinator Supervisor
Hours: 30 Hours
FLSA Status: $10.00-$12.00 Hourly (D.O.E.)
Under the direction fo the Pool Manager, this position is responsible for monitoring swimmers in the pool and slide areas, enforcing pool safety rules and regulations, ensuring the safety of the facility patrons by and responding to emergencies during public and private swim sessions. To assist with aquatic activities throughout the season. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Required Qualifications/Essential Duties:
Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge and application of effective lifeguarding, surveillance and rescue techniques; advanced and basic swimming strokes, and methods and procedures of swimming pool operations.
- Enters water to rescue and/or assist persons in distress; administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid, as needed.
- Monitor swimmers during regular operations and special pool events.
- Patrol, observe, and monitor the swimming pool and slide areas to ensure safety and prevent accidents.
- Keep a look out for accidents in the water, on the diving boards, or on the swimming pool deck.
- Prepare facilities for regular operations and facility rentals; perform facility clean-up during special events and after closing the facility.
- Warn facility users of water hazards or dangerous activities and enforce aquatics safety rules.
- Assist with desk reception, telephone support, and related customer service activities. Accepts registrations, collects fees and processes receipts. Enters and retrieves registration data on computer.
- Provide customer service and general information to the public, in person and over the telephone.
- Removes and replaces pool covers.
- Inspects facilities, grounds, and equipment for safety. Assists in minor maintenance assignments, as required.
- Inform other lifeguards and facility staff when more help or equipment is needed.
- Be punctual, dependable, and project a professional and healthy image through dress, behavior, and positive attitude.
- Be supportive of company policies and procedure guidelines.
- Maintain current CPR, and American Red Cross Lifeguard training and education.
- Perform position-related duties designated by the Pool Manager.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and/or 3 months experience with working with children/youth.
- Must possess or able to obtain a current, valid certification in First Aid, CPR and Red Cross Lifeguard Training, which must be maintained throughout employment in order to remain in the position
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have reliable transportation
- Minimum knowledge of computers
What To Expect Next:
Once you complete and send your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Applicants who meet the qualifications will be notified to schedule an interview.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)